M’s Pub the day after loss – 1/10/2016
Most Omaha business owners are aware M’s Pub suffered a horrific fire loss the weekend of January 9th, 2016. It is heartbreaking to learn about the families who lost their homes, the businesses ruined, and the loss of such a historic building. Learning about the adequacy of your insurance program should not be done after the loss! Unfortunately, many business owners and operators are unsure if they have adequate insurance program in place. A few questions to name:
• Will I be able to rebuild – how long to do?
• Do I have the proper documentation to prove my loss?
• Inventory of furnishings
• Inventory of items in storage
• Financial information on continuing my business
• Will I be able to retain my key employees
• Will goods in my freezer spoil
• How does my lease read in case of a large fire?
• Has my loss caused disruption to surrounding businesses?
• Do I want to rebuild – or move elsewhere?
• Do I always require a current certificate of insurance from every vendor who works within my business – do they have adequate limits?
• Will I be penalized for not carrying sufficient coverage & limits?
• How adequate is my information on credit card transactions?
• If my business has not suffered a fire loss, do I have coverage covering the interruption of utilities (telephone, gas, electricity)?
We are willing to provide a second opinion of your insurance program. Please call us at:
Consortio Group, LLC
9375 Burt Street, Suite 101
Omaha, NE 68114